HELP, I’m melting!!!!
This is the time of year when we become sticky and uncomfortable with the humidity in the air. When we’re outside we expect to sweat, but not sitting in our house. So, let’s talk about what we can do to better control our indoor environment.
Most air conditioning units do not have a dehumidifier; they will control the temperature setting, but not the humidity.
Here are a few helpful hints to make your system run more efficiently and help keep you “cool”:
- Clean your filter every month – your system will be more efficient keeping you cool and help keep allergens out.
- Make sure that nothing is blocking the return air vent (no plants, chairs etc.)
- Place ceiling fans on summer setting so cool air is coming down.
- Always use the bathroom fan when taking a shower or bath.
- Use the range hood when cooking; this will also help remove humidity.
- Consider using the outdoor grill for cooking instead of the oven.
These are just a few hints to be more comfortable and you will not have to spend extra money on new features.
Let’s get ready for spring and service the air conditioning unit! Cool Depot is conveniently located and services all of Pinellas Park air conditioning needs as well as surrounding communities!
- If you are purchasing a new thermostat ask for one with humidity control.
- Purchase a variable speed air conditioning system with humidity controls.
- Install a whole house dehumidification system. This is the most expensive option.